Thursday, December 13, 2007

Amigos



Hi all friends and peregrinos



I have  managed at last to get the last part of  my Via del Plata walk - from Santiago to Fisterra, then on to Muxia and back to Santiago - onto the Amazon Books pages. You can 'Look Inside' them to see an excerpt on line and order a copy from them. If you are in Australia  you may email me.
 Here are the links:
Amazon USA:
Fisterra - Muxia

Amazon UK:
Fisterra - Muxia  

Amazon Spain: (There's no 'Look Inside' available on this page)
Fisterra - Muxia
While my next project is to do the same with my Via del Plata story, I hope soon to do the same with
This Ebro walk


Amigos

At last my Blog has it all, it is now complete, each day is in date order. It starts on the
14/05/07

This is my story of my life on the Ebro Camino to Santiago in 2007. I do hope I have mentioned most, if not all the wonderful people I met, for without them I would probably never have made it, and certainly would not have had such rich memories to think back on as the time goes by. Dear family and friends old and new, I thank you all dearly including those that may have slipped from my memory at the moment. I'd also like to thank those that encouraged me to keep going on this my hardest Camino yet. I hope you enjoy the story and the photos I took, and that they give you some idea what it was like out there, the good and the bad times.
Amazingly just one word from a generous person can wipe the slate clean of a whole load of hardships, and for me they so often did. A cold wet night sitting up wrapped in a cape in a storm can be wiped away by the simple friendly interest and short conversation of an old lady you may be passing on the Camino later. I learnt a rose given spontaneously, or kiss on the cheek in Leon, can make your heart sing. A hail and welcome of a fellow peregrino that you saw perhaps a week ago and spoke but just a few words too. A lady's beaming smile as you struggle to find a word in Spanish. A simple text on your phone saying "Animo Michael". Words like "Come with us," spoken when you know you must look like hell and could be spreading flu germs by the million. Or maybe hearing in Spanish "Just give the Santo a hug for me when you get there"
I could go on for ages.
Am I a better man for the experience? I don't know but I hope so, who knows!

Well time is passing and I long to return but it looks a little unlikely at the moment so now it is your turn. There are many Caminos to try, my favourite would be the North Camino but the French Camino is the place to start I believe so start planing. If this old man can do it so can you.

Remember the story starts on the 14/05/07 see dates on the left of the screen
Hasta Pronto
Abrazos
Michael